188.8.131.52. Check and adjustment of the parking brake
1. Extend the lever of the parking brake 2-Z of time.
2. Press a brake pedal 2–3 times.
3. Check the size of the course of the lever of the parking brake. Slowly lift the lever against the stop, including the heard clicks.
The lever course – 4–7 clicks
1. Adjust a gap between brake shoes and the brake drum.
2. Start the engine. Press a brake pedal 2–3 times.
3. Kill the engine.
4. Remove finishing of the lever of the parking brake. Rotating an adjusting nut of a cable of the drive of the parking brake, adjust the course of its lever. After adjustment tighten an adjusting nut (fig. 1.176)
5. After adjustment carry out the following inspections:
a) turn the ignition key in the provision of "ON", extend the lever of the parking brake on only one click, be convinced that the indicator of the parking brake turned on;
b) be convinced that back wheels rotate freely at the switched-off parking brake.
If necessary repeat adjustment of the course of the lever of the parking brake.
6. Establish finishing of the lever of the parking brake.