188.8.131.52. Instructions for use of seat belts
– Seat belts have to lie on those parts of a body where strong bones of a skeleton settle down. The belt has to pass over a pelvic bone, a thorax and a shoulder. It is necessary to avoid an arrangement of a zone strap of a seat belt on a stomach.
– It is necessary to adjust a seat belt so that it most densely adjoined to a body, without breaking convenience of landing. Only in this case the seat belt will be able effectively to execute the protective function for the sake of which it is installed on the car. The sagging seat belt considerably reduces efficiency of passive protection of the passenger.
– You watch that on straps of a seat belt polish, oil and other chemicals, especially the electrolyte used in the rechargeable battery did not get. For cleaning of seat belts use neutral soap and water. It is necessary to replace a seat belt if the strap is worn-out, polluted or has traces of damages.
– It is necessary to replace surely a seat belt assembled if it was used by the driver or the passenger at strong collision of the car even if there are no visible signs of damage of a seat belt.
– It is forbidden to use a seat belt if the strap is overwound.
– Each seat belt has to be used only by one passenger at the same time. It is dangerous to fasten one seat belt of the passenger and the child sitting at it on a lap.
– Any changes of a design of seat belts which break normal operation of devices for the automatic choice of a weak point of a strap are forbidden or complicate adjustment of a belt for the purpose of elimination of its sagging.
|Fig. 1.128. Fastening of a seat belt: 1 – the directing bracket
Retraction of a belt on the inertial coil can be complicated if the strap and the intermediate directing bracket are polluted. Therefore you watch that the strap of a belt and the directing bracket were always blank (fig. 1.128)
If the seat belt is involved on the coil, it will work in the mode of emergency blocking. In the mode of emergency blocking the seat belt does not break convenience of the passenger. In case of collision of the car the inertial coil blocks delivery of a seat belt which holds the passenger on the place. If completely to extend a seat belt from the coil, it will switch in the mode of automatic blocking of a belt. If the strong tension of a belt is felt or it complicates the movements of the passenger on the motionless car or during driving, then switching of the inertial coil in the mode of automatic blocking after the belt was too strongly extended from the coil is the possible reason. To return the inertial coil to more convenient mode of emergency blocking, stop the car in the safe place on the horizontal platform and completely hand over a belt on the inertial coil. At the same time the coil will switch in the mode of emergency blocking of a belt. Then again extend a seat belt at necessary length to be fastened.